Let’s be thoughtful and share some positive perspectives and information.
Therefore, keep in mind that “information” means to be in formation (ie, akin to work in progress).
In other words — Let’s Be Thankful
For instance, using a Delphi panel and research method over 15 years, the Millennium Project has identified hundreds of indicators of humanity’s progress or regress. Since you will no doubt be exposed to some of the negative factors reading or listening to the “news”, consider these dozen vectors as positive, stipulated in the December 2011 issue of “The Futurist.”
- Access to clean water (percentage of people with)
- Adult literacy rate
- Enrolled in secondary school (percentage of people)
- GDP per capita
- GDP per unit of energy consumption
- HIV prevalence among fifteen to 49 year olds
- Infant mortality rates
- Internet access and use
- Life expectancy
- People living on USD$1.25 a day (purchasing power parity)
- Physicians and health care workers per 1,000 people
- Quantity of countries that have or plan to have nuclear weapons
- Research and development expenditures (percentage of national budgets)
- Total debt service in low- and mid-income countries
- Women in parliamentary governments (percentage of)
Don’t ruin your career or reputation with bad meetings. Register for a class or forward this to someone who should. Taught by world-class instructors, MG RUSH professional facilitation curriculum focuses on practice. Each student thoroughly practices and rehearses tools, methods, and approaches throughout the week. While some call this immersion, we call it the road to building impactful facilitation skills.
Our courses also provide an excellent way to earn up to 40 SEUs from the Scrum Alliance, 40 PDUs from PMI, and 40 CDUs from IIBA, as well as 3.2 CEUs for other professions. (See individual class descriptions for details.)
Want a free 10-minute break timer? Signup for our once-monthly newsletter HERE and receive a timer along with four other of our favorite facilitation tools, free.
- How to Manage Content Presentations for Consensual Understanding (mgrush.com/blog)
- How To Create and Sustain a Participatory Environment (mgrush.com/blog)
- Federal report shows drops in infant mortality, preterm birth rates (nih.gov)
- How to Communicate Meeting and Workshop Results (mgrush.com/blog)
- How To Plan Appropriate Group Processes (mgrush.com/blog)