The FAST Professional Advanced Facilitative Leadership training covers a methodology and explains the need for facilitating scenario planning. Therefore, if you find yourself in that role, consider purchasing the USD$2 Kindle version of “Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds” to support your methodology and preparation.
For instance, Robert Moran’s excellent summary can be found in “The Futurist” March-April 2013 issue, sponsored by the World Future Society.
- Fusion: an interconnected East and West collaborate to address global challenges and innovation blossoms as nearly everyone prospers.
- Genie out of the Bottle: gaping extremes describe the global environment and within countries and communities as the best positioned reap most of the benefits of the new world order.
- Non-State: cities, NGOs (ie, non-governmental organizations), global elites, terror groups, and multinationals derive global change and chaos.
- Stalled Engines: the Pacific Rim engages in nationalistic brinkmanship and amplified conflict ensues. Global growth slows and the United States turns inward as globalization unravels.
Additionally the report covers a forward view towards individual empowerment, diffusion of power, aging populations, mass urbanization, and accelerating change such as:
- 3-D printing and robotics revolutionize manufacturing
- America’s domination begins waning
- Economic power shifting East and South from the West and the North
- Global middle class continues to expand
- Hydraulic fracturing could make the USA energy independent
- Threat of pandemic looms
In other words, the scenarios provide your planning session and decision makers with valid considerations. Therefore, to borrow directly from Mr Moran:
“With technology empowering the individual, the battle for the twenty-first century could be the battle of the self-organizing swarm against the command and control pyramid.”
In conclusion, let us know how your session turns out.
Finally, MG RUSH professional facilitation curriculum focuses on providing methodology. Each student thoroughly practices methodology and tools before class concludes. Some call this immersion. We call it the road to building impactful facilitation skills.
Become Part of the Solution While You Improve Your Facilitation, Leadership, and Methodology Skills
Take a class or forward this to someone who should. MG RUSH Professional Facilitation Training provides an excellent way to earn up to 40 SEUs from the Scrum Alliance, 40 PDUs from PMI, 40 CDUs from IIBA, and 3.2 CEUs. As a member of the International Association of Facilitators (IAF), our Professional Facilitation. Therefore, our training aligns with IAF Certification Principles and fully prepares alumni for their Certified Professional Facilitator designation.
Furthermore, our Professional Facilitation curriculum immerses students in the responsibilities and dynamics of an effective facilitator and methodologist. Because nobody is smarter than everybody, attend an MG RUSH Professional Facilitation, Leadership, and Methodology workshop offered around the world, see MG RUSH for a current schedule.
Go to the Facilitation Training Store to access our in-house resources. You will discover numerous annotated agendas, break timers, and templates. Finally, take a few seconds to buy us a cup of coffee and please SHARE.
In conclusion, we dare you to embrace the will, wisdom, and activities that amplify a facilitative leader.
- Shell’s Scenario Planning (florence20.typepad.com)
- A Dashboard for Change (supplychainmit.com)
- Definitions of Scenario Planning (dianemillsblog.wordpress.com)
- New Procurement KPIs and Thinking: A New Approach to Scenario Planning (spendmatters.com)
- The Primary Skills of Highly Effective, Professional Facilitators (mgrush.com/blog)
- Simplified Scenario Planning (dianemillsblog.wordpress.com)