The FAST Professional Advanced Facilitative Leadership training covers a methodology and explains the need for facilitating scenario planning. Therefore, if you find yourself in that role, consider purchasing the USD$2 Kindle version of “Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds” to support your methodology and preparation.
For instance, Robert Moran’s excellent summary can be found in “The Futurist” March-April 2013 issue, sponsored by the World Future Society.
- Fusion: an interconnected East and West collaborate to address global challenges and innovation blossoms as nearly everyone prospers.
- Genie out of the Bottle: gaping extremes describe the global environment and within countries and communities as the best positioned reap most of the benefits of the new world order.
- Non-State: cities, NGOs (ie, non-governmental organizations), global elites, terror groups, and multinationals derive global change and chaos.
- Stalled Engines: the Pacific Rim engages in nationalistic brinkmanship and amplified conflict ensues. Global growth slows and the United States turns inward as globalization unravels.
Additionally the report covers a forward view towards individual empowerment, diffusion of power, aging populations, mass urbanization, and accelerating change such as:
- 3-D printing and robotics revolutionize manufacturing
- America’s domination begins waning
- Economic power shifting East and South from the West and the North
- Global middle class continues to expand
- Hydraulic fracturing could make the USA energy independent
- Threat of pandemic looms
In other words, the scenarios provide your planning session and decision makers with valid considerations. Therefore, to borrow directly from Mr Moran:
“With technology empowering the individual, the battle for the twenty-first century could be the battle of the self-organizing swarm against the command and control pyramid.”
In conclusion, let us know how your session turns out.
Don’t ruin your career or reputation with bad meetings. Register for a class or forward this to someone who should. Taught by world-class instructors, MG RUSH professional facilitation curriculum focuses on practice. Each student thoroughly practices and rehearses tools, methods, and approaches throughout the week. While some call this immersion, we call it the road to building impactful facilitation skills.
Our courses also provide an excellent way to earn up to 40 SEUs from the Scrum Alliance, 40 PDUs from PMI, and 40 CDUs from IIBA, as well as 3.2 CEUs for other professions. (See individual class descriptions for details.)
Want a free 10-minute break timer? Signup for our once-monthly newsletter HERE and receive a timer along with four other of our favorite facilitation tools, free.
- Shell’s Scenario Planning (florence20.typepad.com)
- A Dashboard for Change (supplychainmit.com)
- Definitions of Scenario Planning (dianemillsblog.wordpress.com)
- New Procurement KPIs and Thinking: A New Approach to Scenario Planning (spendmatters.com)
- The Primary Skills of Highly Effective, Professional Facilitators (mgrush.com/blog)
- Simplified Scenario Planning (dianemillsblog.wordpress.com)