Welcome to the
You asked and we responded. Now you can ask questions, get answers, and join in peer-to-peer conversations about meeting challenges and experiences. Some of you may just want to hover… that’s okay too.
Some of the ‘socialware’ platforms we tried in the past were either not moderator-friendly and/or biased by their participation requirements. To that end, we decided to create our own forum — a safe place to talk about meeting challenges — and a space we hope you find friendly and compelling.
Terrence Metz will be your moderator, but we fully expect you to share ideas and experience amongst yourselves. Start by clicking “Register” on the Forum menu tab. Instructions and Rules can be found HERE. Have further questions? Feel free to contact us HERE.
Why participate in the Facilitation Forum?
- Learning by ‘talking’ is more powerful than learning by reading. You will think about things more deeply and are more likely to retain what you learn.
- More time to formulate responses and opinions: Because forum discussions occur online, you have the flexibility to add your input when you are prepared.
- Nobody is smarter than everybody. As one person puts forward a thought or idea, someone else picks up on it and takes it forward — that sparks more ideas in others. Therefore, the group creates something much better than any one person could have done on their own.
- The best way to check your own understanding is to explain something to others.
- You get support when you need it (and in exchange give support to others).
- You have a richer vein of experience to draw on because you can pool examples, references, and ideas.
- Your personal responses to forum topics are not limited in time or the length. You will have the freedom to continue dialogues about the topics that interest you most.