We began posting Facilitation Best Practices in 2011. Find below our three most popular posts, including Parking Lot Management.
- Transform Your Responsibility Matrix into a GANTT Chart — Frequently we don’t get much actual “work” done in a business meeting. Rather, we learn, decide, and agree on activities that need advancing after the meeting. There is no better instruction set anywhere on HOW TO facilitate consensual understanding about roles and responsibilities than this tool that we built from the sweat and tears of experience.
- How to Design an Agenda — Twelve simple steps guide you to design an agenda beginning with the meeting purpose. The design concludes with refinement of the agenda based on input you should receive from your executive sponsor, project team, and meeting participants.
- How to Manage the Parking Lot and Wrap-up Meetings — Again we find that many readers are seeking better ways to convert meeting discussion into action. The result from many productive meetings can be summed up with four words: “WHO DOES WHAT & WHEN.“
- As a bonus, the Project Manager Hut asking us to contribute our content on “How to Build Stakeholder Analysis.” After all, it’s all about ‘satis-delighting’ our stakeholders.
Finally, MG RUSH professional facilitation curriculum focuses on providing methodology. Each student thoroughly practices methodology and tools before class concludes. Additionally, some call this immersion. However, we call it the road to building impactful facilitation skills.
Become Part of the Solution While You Improve Your Facilitation, Leadership, and Methodology Skills
Take a class or forward this to someone who should. MG RUSH Professional Facilitation Training provides an excellent way to earn up to 40 SEUs from the Scrum Alliance, 40 PDUs from PMI, 40 CDUs from IIBA, and 3.2 CEUs. As a member of the International Association of Facilitators (IAF), our Professional Facilitation. Therefore, our training aligns with IAF Certification Principles and fully prepares alumni for their Certified Professional Facilitator designation.
Furthermore, our Professional Facilitation curriculum immerses students in the responsibilities and dynamics of an effective facilitator and methodologist. Because nobody is smarter than everybody, attend an MG RUSH Professional Facilitation, Leadership, and Methodology workshop offered around the world, see MG RUSH for a current schedule.
Go to the Facilitation Training Store to access our in-house resources. You will discover numerous annotated agendas, break timers, and templates. Finally, take a few seconds to buy us a cup of coffee and please SHARE.
In conclusion, we dare you to embrace the will, wisdom, and activities that amplify a facilitative leader.
- Five Reasons to Hold a Facilitated Session (mgrush.com/blog)
- How To Plan Appropriate Group Processes (mgrush.com/blog)
- Five Problems with Meetings and What To Do About Them (mgrush.com/blog)
- How to Facilitate Alignment (mgrush.com/blog)
- How to Analyze Brainstorming Input (continued) (mgrush.com/blog)
- How to Get a Promising Meeting to Fail (mgrush.com/blog)