The Futurist (May-June 2012, see http://www.wfs.org/) encapsulated six megatrends identified by the Georgia Institute of Technology (according to FutureMedia director Renu Kulkarni, see http://gatech.edu/). Each of these megatrends will see breakthrough research and innovation in the years ahead that will affect facilitative leadership.
Tomorrow’s media will be increasingly personal and flexible, providing a more robust ability to filter out what individuals do not want, and to more fully support, what individuals might intuit as desirable. The six megatrends are:
- Collaboration to harness the power of “an increasingly conversational and participatory world”
- Content integrity to monitor data vulnerability and better vet the original sources of information
- Nimble media to help ease movement across platforms such as hand-held and larger, appliance type devices
- People platforms that allow individuals to improve their social networks
- Sixth sense integrating most or all five physical senses in a digital “mixed reality”
- Smart data that delivers what is sought
In conclusion, MG RUSH professional facilitation curriculum focuses on providing methodology. Each student thoroughly practices methodology and tools before class concludes. Some call this immersion. We call it the road to building impactful facilitation skills.
Become Part of the Solution While You Improve Your Facilitation, Leadership, and Methodology Skills
Take a class or forward this to someone who should. MG RUSH Professional Facilitation Training provides an excellent way to earn up to 40 SEUs from the Scrum Alliance, 40 PDUs from PMI, 40 CDUs from IIBA, and 3.2 CEUs. As a member of the International Association of Facilitators (IAF), our Professional Facilitation Training aligns with IAF Certification Principles and fully prepares alumni for their Certified Professional Facilitator designation.
Furthermore, our Professional Facilitation curriculum immerses students in the responsibilities and dynamics of an effective facilitator and methodologist. Because nobody is smarter than everybody, attend an MG RUSH Professional Facilitation, Leadership, and Methodology workshop offered around the world, see MG RUSH for a current schedule.
Go to the Facilitation Training Store to access our in-house resources. Finally, you will discover numerous annotated agendas, break timers, and templates. If you value our contributions, take time to buy us a cup of coffee and punch LIKE or FORWARD.
In conclusion, we dare you to embrace the will, wisdom, and activities that amplify a facilitative leader.
- The Role of Session Leader (mgrush.com/blog)
- How to Facilitate Brainstorming (mgrush.com/blog)
- How to Facilitate Requirements Gathering (mgrush.com/blog)
- How to Facilitate the Ideation Activity with the Brainstorming Tool (mgrush.com/blog)
- How to Get a Promising Meeting to Fail (mgrush.com/blog)
- Facilitate Meaning, Not Words (mgrush.com/blog)
- How To Actively Listen (mgrush.com/blog)
- How to Analyze Brainstorming Input (continued) (mgrush.com/blog)
- How to (Not) Gesture while Facilitating (mgrush.com/blog)
- SMART Versus DUMB Criteria (mgrush.com/blog)
- Discussing 13 Customer Experience Megatrends (experiencematters.wordpress.com)
- ‘Personal Cloud’ to Replace PC by 2014, Says Gartner (billhubbell.wordpress.com)
- Article: The Leadership Challenge (infoq.com)